Hello! I wanted to show an example of a page that went through about a hundred rounds of edits until I let it be. ( >_< ;;) My tolerance for badly done/ineffective page layouts seems to have disappeared between chapter four and five, so I went over and over the first few pages of chapter five.
The ideal process for a page is: Script >Thumbnail Draft> Final Thumbnail> Pencil Page>Photoshop Editing>Final Edits and Text.
For this page that didn’t happen at all. ( ´༎ຶㅂ༎ຶ`) Haha. Shown above is the original pencil page that I drew from a smaller thumbnail. Although it looked alright as a smaller thumbnail, the page seemed too empty when everything was drawn at full size. I went ahead and did a full edit on it to see what it looked like, but I still really disliked it.
So I re-arranged the panels about three times, got it to a point where I thought it was alright, so I started on the next page. After the second page was nearly finished, I decided the transition from the first to second page wasn’t clear at all and I then decided to draw a whole new panel and add more detail to the first page!
So that is how the first page of chapter five went, hopefully I can avoid such chaotic processes in the future. I will be back with a full page process post, with pictures, very soon!